[Friends Season 1x07] - The One With the Blackout


New York City is blacked out, due to a mishap on Mad About You. Chandler is trapped in an ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacre. The rest of the gang hangs out at Monica and Rachel's apartment. Ugly Naked Guy lights a bunch of candles and has a slight accident.
While trying to share his feelings with Rachel, Ross is attacked by a cat. While searching for the cat's owner, Rachel and Phoebe meet "the Weird Man", known in later episodes as Mr. Heckles. He tries to claim the cat, but it obviously isn't his. The cat turns out to belong to Paolo, an Italian hunk who lives in the building and doesn't speak much English.
The one where they said....
Phoebe: Hi! Um, I want to start with a song that's about that moment when you suddenly realize what life is really all about. Okay, here we go. [lights go out] Okay, thank you very much.
Monica: Pants and a sweater... why, mom? Who am I gonna meet in a blackout? Power company guys? Eligible looters? Could we talk about this later? Okay.
Jill Goodacre (on phone): I'm fine. No, I'm not alone. I don't know, some guy.
Chandler (thinking): Oh! Some guy! Some guy. 'Hey Jill, I saw you with some guy last night. Yes, he was some guy.
Jill Goodacre: Would you like to call somebody?
Chandler (thinking): Yeah, about 300 guys I went to high school with.
Monica: Okay, I'll go. Okay... senior year of college... on a pool table.
Everyone: Whoa!
Ross: That's my sister.
Joey: Okay, my weirdest place would have to be... the women's room on the second floor of the New York City public library.
Monica: Oh my God! What were you doing in a library?
Ross: Phoebs, what about you?
Phoebe: Oh... Milwaukee.
Rachel: Um... Ross?
Ross: Disneyland, 1989, It's a Small World After All.
Everyone: No way!
Ross: Uh, yeah... the ride broke down, so Carol and I went behind a couple of those mechanical dutch children... then they fixed the ride, and we were asked never to return to the Magic Kingdom.
Phoebe: Oh! Rachel?
Rachel: Oh come on, I already went.
Monica: You did not go!
Everyone: Come on!
Rachel: Oh, alright. The weirdest place would have to be... oh, the foot of the bed.
Ross: Step back!
Joey: We have a winner!
Joey: It's never gonna happen.
Ross: What?
Joey: You and Rachel.
Ross: Wha... whatta... What? Why not?
Joey: Because you waited too long to make your move, and now you're in the friend zone.
Ross: No, no, no. I'm not in the zone.
Joey: Ross, you're mayor of the zone.
Phoebe (singing): New York City has no power, and the milk is getting sour. But to me it is not scary, 'cause I stay away from dairy.... LA la, la LA la, LA la...
Chandler: You know, on second thought, gum would be perfection. [thinking]'Gum would be perfection'? 'Gum would be perfection.' Could have said, 'gum would be nice,' or, 'I'll have a stick,' but no-no-no-no-no. For me, gum is perfection. I loathe myself.
Ross: So, um... where did Paolo come from?
Rachel: Oh, Italy, I think.
Ross: No, I mean tonight, in the building. Suddenly. Into our lives.
Ross: So you do know a little English.
Paolo: Poco... a little.
Ross: Do you know the word, 'crapweasel'?
Paolo: No.
Ross: That's funny, 'cause you are a huge crapweasel!

Chandler: Hi. Um, I'm account number 7143457. And, uh, I don't know if you got any of that, but I would really like a copy of the tape.

Phương pháp học tiếng anh qua phim hiệu quả:

– Lần 1: Xem KHÔNG phụ đề. Đến đoạn nào quá khó hiểu, không thể hiểu bạn nên tua lại xem. Nếu vẫn không hiểu hãy dừng hình và để ý hình ảnh và thử đoán.
– Lần 2: Xem với phụ đề và ghi chú lại những từ/cụm từ/cấu trúc bạn cho là hay. HAY ở đây là gì? Đó là những cách dùng mà bạn không tưởng, đó là văn nói, khác hẳn văn viết mà bạn thường gặp. Có một cuốn từ điển bên cạnh và một quyển sổ sẽ là công cụ tốt giúp bạn hiểu và ghi nhớ.

– Lần 3: Xem lại với không phụ đề. Không nhất thiết là ngay lúc đó, vì có thể bạn thấy hơi nản khi ngồi xem quá nhiều lần. Hãy để nó sau 2-3 ngày xem lại và xem những gì mình đã học còn được bao nhiêu.
===================================
Giới thiệu Dịch thuật PLG: Dịch thuật Phạm Lữ Gia chuyên nhận biên dịch tài liệu, phiên dịch, dịch thuật công chứng hơn 50 ngôn ngữ khác nhau. Ngoài ra chúng tôi còn nhận viết bài Copywriter, nhận dạy kèm đa ngôn ngữ...
===================================

Liên hệ Dịch thuật PLG:

▶ Điện thoại: (08) 62726299 - 0909 964 389 - 0906 796 123
▶ Website:
Chia sẻ video:

Đăng nhận xét